For optimal efficacy on the abdominal zone, pick 5 of the following 7 exercices recommended by our Doctor of Sports Medicine. You can perform them easily at home - in just 5 minutes, three times per week!
1) With your lower back glued to the ground, lift your right knee. Create resistance by pushing your knee down with your left hand. Resist for 10 sec in order to create maximal contractions. Repeat 10 to 20 times on each side.
2) Lying on your back, with your knees bent and arms flat along your body, lift your pelvis and then lower it slowly. Your shoulders should remain glued to the ground. Repeat 20 to 35 times.
3) Lying on your back, with knees bent, hands behind your head, lift the left knee and bring your right elbow towards it, while exhaling deeply. Repeat 20 to 35 times on each side.
4) Go on all fours, facing the floor. With your back and neck straight, push your right arm and left leg simultaneously, while exhaling deeply. Repeat 10 to 25 times per side.
5) Standing with your back straight, abdomen flexed, and arms on each side, lift your knee until you form a 90° angle between your torso and your thighs. Repeat 20 to 35 times per side.
6) Standing with your back straight, abdomen flexed, and arms on each side, bend your leg backwards until your heel touches your buttocks. Repeat 20 to 35 times per side.
7) While on all fours, arch your back and neck down to the floor while breathing in deeply. Then, arch your back and neck outwards while exhaling. Hold your
maximal outward position for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 to 20 times.